Dear Friends of The Bark & Collar,
For the safety of our clients and staff, we will continue to practice social distancing in the salon which will require some changes to our normal operations. Please see our new guidelines below:
- APPOINTMENTS WILL BE SCHEDULED ACCORDINGLY AS WE WILL ALLOW ONE FAMILY IN THE SALON AT A TIME.
- WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER WALK-IN SERVICES AT THIS TIME. IF YOU REQUIRE A WALK-IN SERVICE, PLEASE CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT.
- WE ASK THAT UPON DROP OFF, YOU REMOVE YOUR PETS PERSONAL BELONGINGS AND BRING IT BACK WITH YOU FOR PICK UP.
- AT THIS TIME, WE WILL NOT BE ALLOWING PET PARENTS TO WAIT IN THE SALON DURING THE GROOMING PROCESS.
- FOR SPECIAL NEEDS PETS, WE WILL BE OFFERING 8:30 AM APPOINTMENTS ONLY. WE WILL CONDUCT SERVICES TO OUR BEST ABILITY AS WE WILL ONLY ALLOW ONE GROOMER TO WORK ON A PET AT ANY GIVEN TIME.
- WE ARE UNABLE TO SERVICE ANY PETS THAT REQUIRE TWO GROOMERS, AS THIS COMPROMISES OUR SOCIAL DISTANCING PRACTICES.
- WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT CASH, CREDIT, AND CHECK PAYMENTS AS WELL AS VENMO FOR A NO-CONTACT PAYMENT OPTION.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE AGAIN!
We appreciate your patience and support during this time.
The safety and health of our staff and clients are our top priority and we want to ensure you that we are doing our part to halt the spread of this terrible virus.
The Bark & Collar Team
As a family owned and operated business, we strive to upkeep an inviting atmosphere for pets and their parents.
The Bark & Collar is a licensed pet grooming salon located in the heart of Poway. We believe in giving pets the proper treatment that will ensure their visits are always professional and safe.
We offer a new take on modern grooming with the same promise of a small neighboring business. We operate as a Full Open-View Salon equipped with the ability to care for and securely house your companions during their visit.
At The Bark & Collar, our clients’ overall best interest will always come first, and everything we do will be guided by our values and professional ethics.
Kandice got her start in the pet industry working at her sister’s pet grooming salon in New York from 2006 until she moved to San Diego in 2012. Following her move out west, she worked for a corporate grooming salon for five years until deciding she wanted to open her own salon.
She has a passion for grooming and believes that quality over quantity is the key to success in this industry. Her attention to detail and love for animals shows through her work and commitment to the business.
Michael’s background in corporate sales and distribution for the past 15 years plays a huge role in the overall success of the business. Though he may not have had any previous knowledge of the Pet Industry, his customer service etiquette and welcoming mannerism makes for a great experience for both pet and parent.
As a Poway resident from a young age to raising a family of his own in his home town, he understands the importance of supporting his community and neighboring businesses.